Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) is an unbranched linear structured partially crystalline polymer made from fluorine and carbon. Its most valuable properties:
- inert, thus, it also remains chemically stable when making contact with aggressive acids
- extremely resistant against all bases, alcohol, ketones, benzene and oils
- frost resistant up to ‑270°C., can be used up to 260°C.
- very low friction coefficient, static friction is just as large as with sliding friction
- there is almost no material that stays sticking to PTFE
The addition of a suitable quantity of organic, inorganic and mineral fillers can improve the properties of PTFE and customize it to meet specific requirements:
- improved wear resistance
- higher chemical resistance
- better thermal conductivity
Common fillers are:
PTFE + 15% or 25% glass
PTFE + 25% carbon
PTFE + 15% Graphite
PTFE + 40% or 60% Bronze
other fillers are
PTFE + MoS²
PTFE + Aromatic Polyester (Ekonol)
PTFE + Soft-Carbon
PTFE + Inox
We can also offer a customized mixture on request.
The modified molecular structure of modified PTFE, while retaining the major characteristics of virgin PTFE, significantly improves:
We can supply PTFE with different color pigments.
Send us your inquiry!
POM / PEEK
Alptec also manufactures plastics like POM (Polyoxymethylen) for wide-ranging universal applications in many different industries.
PEEK or Polyetheretherketone is a semi-crystalline organic thermoplastic polymer belonging to the polyaryletherketone (PAEK) family with a highly stable chemical structure that is used in engineering applications. Special compounds can be specifically developed together with customers – feel free to ask.
Alptec developed a premium PTFE material which shows a modified molecular structure with enhanced properties over virgin PTFE. This foil/tape is weldable and perfectly suitable for high technical requirements such as lining of coal power plants or protection against acid gases.